Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore Refrig 795.77002600. I had an er/dh and my

I have a Kenmore Refrig 795.77002600. I had an er/dh and my defrost cycle does not work. Ordered a replacement PCB from Sears P/N 6871JK1011D. It arrived here in the Caribbean and the bottom conncetion to the compressor is not compatible. The new PCB has a 6 prong receptor ( L N / N L Comp) for my existing 5 prong harness. (L N N L Comp) Sears said that this new PCB is a direct replacment. All of the harnesses fit except for the part in the sw corner. What can I do. Sears says that I have the right part. I don't want to replace a brand new $1000 refrig. because Sears can't provide me with a replacement part. HELP!!!!
is this the board you recieved? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes it is. Unfortunatley the wiring harness that attaches to the 6 prong N L / L N Comp is a 5 prong female harness to fit the existing receptacle of L N N L Comp

Can I cut one of prongs, or rewire the harness. I am in the Caribbean and there are no service people here - only me.

I have pictures of my existing PCB if you need it.

if you can send me pictures of your old board i will take a look and see. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I haved them ready to go, but I don't see where I can attach photos on this site. Do you have another email address

I'm not allowed to give you my email. try copying and pasting it.

how did you determine the board was bad? did you check the defrost element and the defrost thermostat? this is the heater,Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=and this is the defrost control assembly. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi. I did not check anything. I got an error reading of er dh. The refer part was getting warm with no air circ. I took off the freezer door and saw that the coils were frozen over. I used a hair dryer to defrost the coils and do this every four days. So I don't know if it is the PCB but I thought that was a good starting point.

I couldn't paste the phots, but I just up[loaded them to a website tha I am starting.

If you go to you will find three photos of the exiting board.

Thanks for all of your help

can you post a closeup of the plug in part?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sure. I just did a blow up off the PCB pciture that youi sent to me. It looks like that part is a direct replacement for the board that I have in the refer. It looks like it has only 5 prongs on the bottom left hand receptor. Maybe thats the old part that Sears has now replaced with this new one that doesn;t work.

I added the close up picture that you wanted and the last photo is off the PCB that I just got from Sears...the one that they say is the authorised replacement. You can see the 6 prongs on the bottom left.

Thank you again

let me check
I cant really tell if there are 5 or 6 on this, I would call 1-800-540-0800 and talk to bradly he knows just about everything about ref. this is his website, you can ask him if theres 5 or 6 on this. he will give you the info i hope. please press accept for this is the only way i get paid. you can still come back and ask me more questions if you need, thanks and well wishes, Bryan