Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Refrig 795.77002600. I had an er/dh and my

I have a Kenmore Refrig 795.77002600. I had an er/dh and my defrost cycle does not work. Ordered a replacement PCB from Sears P/N 6871JK1011D. It arrived here in the Caribbean and the bottom conncetion to the compressor is not compatible. The new PCB has a 6 prong receptor ( L N / N L Comp) for my existing 5 prong harness. (L N N L Comp) Sears said that this new PCB is a direct replacment. All of the harnesses fit except for the part in the sw corner. What can I do. Sears says that I have the right part. I don't want to replace a brand new $1000 refrig. because Sears can't provide me with a replacement part. HELP!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is this the board you recieved? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes it is. Unfortunatley the wiring harness that attaches to the 6 prong N L / L N Comp is a 5 prong female harness to fit the existing receptacle of L N N L Comp

Can I cut one of prongs, or rewire the harness. I am in the Caribbean and there are no service people here - only me.

I have pictures of my existing PCB if you need it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
if you can send me pictures of your old board i will take a look and see. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I haved them ready to go, but I don't see where I can attach photos on this site. Do you have another email address
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

I'm not allowed to give you my email. try copying and pasting it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
how did you determine the board was bad? did you check the defrost element and the defrost thermostat? this is the heater,Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=and this is the defrost control assembly. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I did not check anything. I got an error reading of er dh. The refer part was getting warm with no air circ. I took off the freezer door and saw that the coils were frozen over. I used a hair dryer to defrost the coils and do this every four days. So I don't know if it is the PCB but I thought that was a good starting point.

I couldn't paste the phots, but I just up[loaded them to a website tha I am starting.

If you go to www.islandseye.com you will find three photos of the exiting board.

Thanks for all of your help

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you post a closeup of the plug in part?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sure. I just did a blow up off the PCB pciture that youi sent to me. It looks like that part is a direct replacement for the board that I have in the refer. It looks like it has only 5 prongs on the bottom left hand receptor. Maybe thats the old part that Sears has now replaced with this new one that doesn;t work.

I added the close up picture that you wanted and the last photo is off the PCB that I just got from Sears...the one that they say is the authorised replacement. You can see the 6 prongs on the bottom left.

Thank you again

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me check
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I cant really tell if there are 5 or 6 on this, I would call 1-800-540-0800 and talk to bradly he knows just about everything about ref. this is his website, http://www.apconline.com/ you can ask him if theres 5 or 6 on this. he will give you the info i hope. please press accept for this is the only way i get paid. you can still come back and ask me more questions if you need, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.