Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi - On my microwave oven, I noticed a small flaking away of

Hi - On my microwave oven, I noticed a small flaking away of the paint layer around the door seal (a one eight of an inch circle), which had the same mark on the oven frame in the same place. We stopped using the microwave and have replaced it - but would this have caused a dangerous leak to my kids? Thanks
not necessarily, did the door seem to close tightly? was this a burn mark or a wear mark from a screw or something like that?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi -many thanks - the door closed tightly, seemed all true etc, but it did look like a burn mark, which was wierd. It was not where there was a screw, but I think someone could certainly have chipped the paint putting a plate in.
ok I dont believe your children were in any danger, you mentioned you replaced the microwave so I wouldnt worry about it, please press accept so i will get paid for helping you, this is the only way I get paid. if you have more questions you can still ask. thanks and well wishes , Bryan, p.s. your probably right about plate causing the chip.