Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a 500 ltr kelvinator impression series refridgerator/freezer.

I have a 500 ltr kelvinator impression series refridgerator/freezer. long storyt short, a so called fridgie expert let the gas out and i need to know how much gas it will need so i can get a mechanic to replace it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
hi this is Bryan, how did the (expert) let the freon out? did he put a tap valve in? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
S
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She put a
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She put a screw
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She put a screw in
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She put a screw in connector
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She put a screw in connector in
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She put a screw in connector into
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She put a screw in connector into the line
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She put a screw in connector into the line .
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well which line was this? the leak will have to be repaired before anything else can be done. was it in the freezer that the hole was made.? Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
she put a screw connector of some sort into the line. she appeared to be flustered and of course the gas escaped. she put it in the line next to the compressor. what i need to know is what the company recomendation is for the amount of gas by weight is recommended by them to have the appliance regased by a prof.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok wel the amount of gas you need for this should be on the tag inside the refrigerator where your model # XXXXX all systems are different as to the amount of freon they use, can you check your tag inside refrigerator and it should say r134a which is the freon for this unless its a real old refrigerator, also can you check the model # XXXXX its not comming up in my data base? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok give me a while as i have to travel a distance and its dark so will get back to you. thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no problem. if the tags not inside, check along the bottom under the front kick plate grill, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The tag says model c500d-r

serial no

72240081

(NNN) NNN-NNNNv 50hz 1.4a

r134a charge 175g

app no n13646

class 4

so i take it that it needs 175 grams of r134a. awaiting your reply????

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes, make sure they fill system with nitrogen and do a leak test with there gages before recharging ref. thanks for using just answer , and please press accept this is very importent if you dont press accept i wont get paid for helping you, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.