master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company

I have a LG electric dryer. It started flashing that I needed

I have a LG electric dryer. It started flashing that I needed to check the lint trap. I made sure it was clear as well as the vent to the outside. Now when I start it up it gets a burning smell after about 30 seconds. What could be wrong?
let it run empty and check exhaust temp it should be about 160 but not hier
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It shuts off after about 15 seconds and the lights on the sensor dial are flashing.
any error codes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It does not have a place for codes. The normal and delicate lights are flashing as well as the check filter light. It is an LG Tromm dryer model # XXXXX if this helps.
try to unplug it for 30 minutes this should reset the control board. and clear any errors it has. and may start working again. let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That didn't work.
and it is not saying any thing on the time display?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It gives the estimated time for about 15 seconds and then the dryer shuts off. It continues to have the burning smell while it is running.
try this to get it in diagnostic test mode have the dryer in standby mode then press and hold more time and less time and then press the power button to get out of this mode you will have to unplug the unit for at least 1 minute
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The lights around the sensor button blink alot and then stay on.
when you put it in test mode?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
press the start pause button
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It runs for a few seconds and then stops. It seems to blink in a pattern and then all lights stay lit up. I don't know how to read the pattern.
thia has a didatial display for the time right?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes. but nothing comes up once the estimated time goes off.
when you entered the test mode what came up on that read out?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
nothing. It was blank
that's a sine of the control board or being bad or the user interface.

you might want some one to come check it it really hard for me to go in to test that need to be done i have the book in front of me but it a little more complex than what we have done and requires a good knowledge of a multimeter.