Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

My Kenmore washer fills water, agitates, then when it is supposed

My Kenmore washer fills water, agitates, then when it is supposed to drain and spin nothing happens. What are the possible problems and how do I trouble shoot further?

Thank you for using Just Answer.

The most common cause of this type of problem on these machines it actually the lid switch. You can check it to see if it clicks (mechanically) and to see if it will close the circuit (with a volt meter electrically).

Please post the model number so that we can give you specifics if you would like more information and/or clarification. You'll usually find the model number on a sticker under the lid on the cabinet of the machine.

Please post the model number like this (with extra spaces) - 101 11 22 33 44

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX 92491210 but I want you to know that you were correct. Apparently the arm hyper extended and was not clicking like you said. Great call! I'll be accepting!

You're welcome. Thank you for the accept. Please let me know if you would like more information. I'll be checking back later today.