John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I bought a GE Profile Harmony washer/Dryer set in March 2005.

Customer Question

I bought a GE Profile Harmony washer/Dryer set in March 2005. The dryer has stopped heating - it may initially provide enough heat for 30 minutes and then it stops all together and may heat again for about 30 minutes if wait 24 hours. Dryer specifics: PN - 3850EL3007A, Model # XXXXX DPGT750EC1WW, SN - DH700006M. email id [email protected]   Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

did you check the venting to make sure no lint ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Checked lint line - removed line from back of dryer - clear.

Can only check removable screen from inside as I can't figure out how to open the top or sides of dryer. This is a GE Profile Harmony Dryer with digital controls on the top.

I would have dropped the front and checked the entire vent linie if I could've gottent the front or top open without breaking something. I have no electonic or mechanical diagrams for this machine.

Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

Hi this is a gas dryer, look at the back of the top for some screws that hold the top on, lift the top & pull up & towards you, then you will be able to remove the front, let me know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Wrong - look at the PN. This is an Electric Dryer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Your question ended "...let me know" . I can't scroll to see what you wanted to know???
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
ok. like I said the model did not come up.with the model DPG. I thought it was gas.the problem could be with the timer . A loose contact in the timer, When it wont heat, jiggle the timer shaft, to see if it starts to heat, If it does replace the timer.Its a common fault with the G E dryers. If that repairs the dryer. please accept. The appliance doc