Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Profile Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave. The turntable

I have a GE Profile Spacemaker XL1800 Microwave. The turntable has stopped turning. Is there any simple way to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
well not really but the hardest part will be to determine which part is broken. First, make sure that the turn table motor is getting 120V you will have to pull the bottom panel off and test the 2 wires going to the motor to determine this. If the motor is getting 120V then the motor needs to be replaced because it's faulty.

If you are not getting 120V to the turntable motor then you probably have a bad door switch. These switches are located just around the left side corner behind the control board. There are 3 of them so look to make sure all of them are being activated when the door is being shut.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am going to accept because you have been very helpful, but a little more information. It stopped working when water was spilled in the bottom of the microwave oven and got below the turntable and, we think, under the little brown turning mechanism that the plate sits on. Does this additional information help and/or change your view? Second, are you suggesting that we remove the "floor" of the microwave because there doesn't seem to be any way to do that?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok so it sounds more like your motor will be bad as opposed to anything else -- but to access this part you do not remove the floor, you take the unit out and pull the bottom panel off the unit and access the motor from below the microwave.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I feel like I am being a pain in the rear, but this is the first time I've used the service so I don't know if I'm asking too many questions. I am a reputable individual so I PROMISE to accept, NOT rip you off. Give me a quick guess as to how much this will cost to have repaired by a repairperson if you could. Service plus parts. Thank you. This will be my last question.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
your not being a pain, you can ask as many questions as you please. Giving an estimate I imagine it will cost you $150 to fix if you high someone--- the part probably runs about $40 for the part by itself.

I've looked up the part for you that you will need you can order it from here if you like

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.