Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a jenn air cooktop cartridge model 629.22113 A105 I

I have a jenn air cooktop cartridge model 629.22113 A105 I need to replace the cartridge(solid element Part # XXXXX) but it is discontinued Will anything else work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

In the picture below does the end of your catridge look like this one?

Illustration of 3-terminal cartridge end

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no it has a four plug cartridge that goes into a recepticle 3 are flat prongs and one is round circa 1995
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
That is what this picture shows look at it again it is flat, flat, round, flat, is this yours?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes sorry flat flat round flat
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
There are repair parts available for the unit that can be used to repair this one, did you know that?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes sorry   flat flat round flat Can a conventional unit be placed where a solid element was originally

thank you I am looking for the entire cooktop cartridge either A100 conventional or A105 solid element
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
which element is not working the large or the small?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Chas
Would a stainless steel cartridge JEA7000ADS work for my unit? I have the grill grate on one side and two burners on the other I want to replace the grill cartridge and make my unit a 4 burner unit
Thanks
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

Yes it will fit, this is the only element available that will interchange with the unit, however I did find a A105 at the location below.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/NICE-WHITE-GLASS-IRON-BURNER-A105-JENN-AIR-CARTRIDGE_W0QQitemZ350072397152QQihZ022QQcategoryZ43566QQcmdZViewItem

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Chas
Thanks but I would need black for a105 so that I am clear JEA 70000ADS will interchange with my left side of my cooktop which is a grill element so that I can remove that unit and replace it with the JEA 70000 ADS   that along with my original cook top cartridge A105 thus turning it into a 4 burner cooktop   Thank you
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

I just double checked with Jenn Air and they said it is compatible without any wiring modification necessary to the stove, it is a direct drop in for a100 cartridge.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

Your welcome,

Chas