Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi i have a maytag front loading washing machine, Model number

Hi i have a maytag front loading washing machine, Model number MFW9700S (or maybe QO). We bought it at sears in Wasilla Alaska. I received no instruction manual with this machine, and sears has been no help at all. I have a code of F11, and I don't know what it means. Nothing I have done seems to help. Please help. La Vada
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
according to your model # XXXXX should be the code definition ,

Serial Communication Error

Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.

• Check Wire Harness connectors to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check the Drive system for any worn or failed components
  • Check MCU
  • Check CCU
  • Check Motor
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sorry about the long lines on this dont know what happened there, anyway these machines are very dificult to repair, is there no one around that can service this? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am a bit confused about what info you need. The machine is brand new, has washed 3 loads of laundry, now we have the code. Sears is of NO help, and i have a washer full of wet clothes. What is the question you are asking me?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

I didn't know how long you had this, thats ridiculous , these machines are junk. brand new . you really cant do much but call whirlpool corp. who now owns Maytag and tell them you want this fixed or replaced , if you attempt a repair they will void the warranty, ( even though they haven't done anything to help) I wish I had an answer for your problem but the only thing I can do is get you the info on the code. like I said if you try to repair this they will void the warranty , I just don't want that to happen.

i was just asking you if there was a appliance repair company in your area that does whirlpool factory service. you don't have to use Sears exclusively, well wishes Bryan