Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I replace the belt on my Maytag dryer, model # XXXXX

How do I replace the belt on my Maytag dryer, model # XXXXX??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is a gas dryer right? these are a little tricky but you can do it . I'm sending some diagrams with this post and then I'll try to walk you through it, first the front panel has to come off. DANGEROUS URL REMOVED%2flis_png%2fPLDM%2fX2900927-00004.png remove the two screws 4439 on this diagram then pull the panel out from the bottom and it will release from top clips. remove the door switch wires and put the front off to the side. then behind that there will be four 5/16 screws holding the tub support assembly , remove these and remove the tub support , then you need to remove the back pulley access panel four 1/4" screws so you can reach in and put the belt on the motor and through the pulley, heres an inside view, DANGEROUS URL REMOVED%2flis_png%2fPLDM%2fX2900927-00007.png slip the new belt around the drum and put drum support back on. then and get it back in line with the motor ribs out thats very important, click here to see belt diagram, yours is E on this chart. then put the back cover back on and the front and your good to go. hope this helps, thanks Bryan