Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a side by side refrigerator/freezer (3 yrs old) with

We have a side by side refrigerator/freezer (3 yrs old) with ice and water outside door. We can no longer get cold water from the dispenser, ice maker works fine. Tried holding button down for 2 min. to get air from line (as instructions suggest.) Worked 1st time, for about a week, then problem returned and won't go away! Says to change filter, but we don't have a filter in place. GE Profile
can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It's GSH25JFRF ww

you may have a frozen water reservoir in this. do you hear any click when press for water Part 962383this is the reservoir make sure this is not frozen it's behind the shelves in the fresh food section. take a hair dryer and defrost then see if the water comes through. do you have a volt meter? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It worked! It took awhile but the water did finally come thru! Hair dryer was a great idea. Thank you so much.
your very welcome, this happens sometimes if you keep your fresh food section real cold, just keep an eye on it, at least you know what to do. thanks, Bryan