Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I have just cleaned my dirty oven (electric range) and noticed

I have just cleaned my dirty oven (electric range) and noticed a couple of holes at the bottom of the oven. What can I do to fix this? It's a Kenmore probably at least 15 years old.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

We need a bit more information to answer this best.

Please post the model number so that we can see if that part is available for you.

The model number will be found when you pull out the storage drawer and look and the cabinet/frame above the feet. There should a sticker on it.

Also, this software on the site it is doesn't display too many numbers in a row.

So, you can post the model number with lots of space between the numbers.

Like this.

110 11 22 33 44

bernie

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Like this.

110 11 22 33 44

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Here's the model number(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Here's the model number(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

let me know by email, I have to leave the computer now for a while...

Thanks, Paula

HiCustomer

I'm sorry to have to report this information.

This part is no longer available. It also requires a good deal of disassembly and reassembly.

It's shown as part 33 above.

I've seen some people attempt to "patch" the bottom of the ovens. However, I have never seen this to work nicely or correctly. I'm afraid you would need to replace the range to have a nice oven bottom again.

Also, I had meant to send an Information Request and before they could change it you responded. If you are not happy when we are done, we will arrange a return of you money.

Please let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is it safe to run the oven with holes on the bottom...in other words, can it catch fire or something? Just curious?

HiCustomer

That really would require a careful examination of these holes. There is some insulation behind the holes. So, in theory depend on how big the holes were you could continue to use the oven.

You would need to exercise some caution so that grease does not get down into that area. It is possible that grease getting into there would cause a fire.

If you cover the bottom and keep an eye on it, I would think you could use it for a good deal longer. You do have to keep checking what's going on there.

You might also stop using the self cleaning option or watch the range during the entire process. If you had a problem you could unplug it right away.

So, although not recommended, you probably could get quite a bit more use from it.

bernie