Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do you remove a front panel on a samsung electric drye

How do you remove a front panel on a samsung electric dryer?
do you have a model number so I know which model needs accessing?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The unit is a Samsung Electric Dryer, model DV337AEG. I need access to the heating element, and it appears I must remove that front panel to get to it.
ok yes, to get this front panel off you must take the top panel off first--- it's held in by screws coming in from the back. Remove these screws and slide the panel back and up. Next the control panel is held in by several screws, remove all these screws and pull the control panel off. Remove the screws at the top of the front panel now that you have access to them because the control panel is removed.

Last there are 2 screws located behind the door. Open the door and the 2 screws near the bottom of the opening need to be removed.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had already done the things you mentioned. The difficulity I ran into was that the control panel would not come off. I removed a total of six screws from the panel, but it was still held on by some attachment at the lower center of the panel. I was hesitant about pulling with too much force, and did not continue any further. It seemed to be held in place just above the door, just at the bottom of the panel itself. Should I go ahead and apply a bit of force?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Make that four screws removed from the control panel.
yes, it just clips in you need to pull out. There are a few plastic clips that hold it into place, honestly 1 might break --- but you will never know when you put it back together if it does.