Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

We own a Maytag Advanced Cooking System - stove with a ceramic

Customer Question

We own a Maytag Advanced Cooking System - stove with a ceramic top - it is about 6 yrs old - the top has craked over one burner - extending out to the back burner - is it safe to use the other two burners and the oven? Also, can we replace just the ceramic top of the stove?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
hi what model#do you have? thx
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure but would the model # XXXXX 8113P263-60?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
no,thats not it ,but its either on the storage drawer or frame or if its the range with the mini oven there is a tag at the back of the console that lifts up
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok, excuse my ignorance - I found the users guide - at the top it says it is "Electric Range PER5510" Is this more helpful?

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I need you help - need to use the stove and oven this weekend - would like to know if I can use the remaining stove top and oven with one side craked. Thanks,
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
is this a glass smooth top or just the regular burners?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is a glass smooth top
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
those model# XXXXX gave me are for a different type range,do you have more than one stove?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No - this is my only stove - and the only Maytag I've ever owned - so I'm pretty sure that this is the correct users guide - the stove top is ceramic- all one surface - you can see where the burners are but the top is all smooth
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.

when i check any per5510 this is the top i get? this is not it i guess? ill check something else

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Your picture really doesn't look like my top - I tried to remove the top to see if I could find the burners underneath - and I couldn't figure out how to get it off - perhaps I was given the wrong user's guide - although I have used it to clean the oven etc.

Thanks for your help - not sure if I should go ahead an try using it anyway. Thanks

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.

ok ,i found another manual on that model# XXXXX has a smooth top ,it should be your manual,you can use the oven but they dont really recommend using the main top if cracked but i have had customers use it without any issues,but here's the manual

thanks Randy

http://www.servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16010161.pdf

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much Randy - this at least gives me my agenda this weekend - no longer making Pasta Fajiol soup for company - your were great! Now we eat out!
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 years ago.
good luck