Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I have a whirpool model KSRG25FKSS 05 The Icemake quit making

I have a whirpool model KSRG25FKSS 05 The Icemake quit making ice completly so I went on the internet and purchased a new ice maker unit. After installing it I have found that it is now only producing about 16 cubes a daY!!   What could be the problem???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

These icemakers generally do not produce a large quantity of ice in 24 hours. However, that does seem to be too little.

The cause can be that the water valve was not turned on completely and you do not have enough water pressure going to the refrigerator. You should check to be sure that you have good water pressure going to the refrigerator's valve.

bernie

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Bernie, water pressure doesn't seem to be the problem. the valve is open all the way and the water flow from the door dispenser is good.

I had checked them first.

HiCustomer

Please check the waterline that comes into back of the icemaker to see if it's frozen. If you press it carefully you may hear it crunch.

Also, Do you see an frost on the back wall of the freezer?

I'm having some dificulty with my connection here at work. I apologize for the delay.

bernie

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

water lines seem to be unrestricted. It seems to me that the motor is not going thru normal sequence. (the white prongs that push the ice out into the bucket does not seem to move) they have been in the same spot for the last 30 minutes.

HiCustomer

This by itself would not be an indication of a problem. They can take more than 30 minutes to move. It would be unusal to have a defective new icemaker. They are usually pretty good.

Check the freezer temperature. If should be 8 degrees Fahrenheit or lower. If the freezer is too warm, the ice maker won't cycle properly.

If there is a problem with the ice maker, you would check ice maker mold thermostat to make sure that it's cycling properly.

I'm having dificulty with my connection and I may have to continue when I get home (9:30 pm est). My connection at home is usually pretty good.

Please let me know if this will be ok.

bernie

HiCustomer

I wanted to give you more information that will help on this icemaker. So, I've uploaded the information that you should have to go further with this diagnostic.

When you go to the site to download do not use AOL. Use Internet Explorer or another browser because that site does not like AOL. Choose the "Free" option. After you download the file you will need to open it with Adobe or another application. You should already have that on your computer.

Sometimes, the site is a little glitchy. If you have difficulty, clean your temporary files and your hard drive, restart the computer and try again. It's definitely worth it to have the right information. You can go to the top left corner and save the PDF file to your desktop for easy access.

Please click here - icemaker

Let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification

bernie