Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washer. The agitator is

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washer. The agitator is slipping and does not agitate the clothes. Is there something I can do to fix it?(I can't find the manual)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.
Hello yes there is something you can do this is a easy fix! When you try to turn the agitater by hand does it not grab either?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It spins freely clockwise, and only "catches" counterclockwise, in other words I can still turn it counter clockwise.
Ok when you start a load does it agitate somewhat?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sort of , but it is getting worse it seems.

OkCustomer/p>

The agitator dogs are worn very common issue the part is about 3 dollars. Take the top off the agitator then the agitator will come off the top will pop off you will see the yellow agitator dogs these get worn and will need to be replaced. Take your model number to the local appliance parts house they will stock the agitator dogs!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is a cover over the "dogs" How do I get that off?
That top part will just pop off! Then there is a 7/8 bolt in the bottom the agitator will come out then it will split in half you have to pop it apart.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I see a 7/16 bolt in the middle of the"dogs", but if I turn it, the base of the agitator rotates. Should I be holding that still while I try to turn the bolt? When you say it will split in half , do you mean the top from the bottom? Sorry if I am so lame!

Thats ok yes you have to hold the bottom of the agitator while turning the bolt once the agitator comes out yes it will seperate will a good pull!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I could not separate the agitator into two pieces. Should I take the whole agitator to my local parts store and have them pull it apart? Or am I missing something?
No once you have the agitator out it will pop apart you are not missing anytihng. If you can not pop it its on there good then you may have to take it down there!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I am back from getting my dogs replaced! Now there is a thin gasket that fell out when I finally got the 2 parts apart. Where does it go?
Is it black?What is the model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The gasket is whitish 3" in diameter to the outside with 1 1/2 " opening. it is about 1 millimeter thick and it has square perforations on it that protrude. I think the model number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Ok this part goes on the agitator the bottom part before you put the top part on! The model is on the machine under the lid straight back!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Whirlpool model number LSQ7030LQ0.

Do the perforations that stick out face down or up?

Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician
Did you get the link that shows were it goes on at??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes! I got it all back together. I am back and running thanks to you!!!!

thank you for your help. I will definitely use this site again!

You bet if i have helped and you dont have any more questions please press accept thanks!