How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a Kenmore renge hood microwave open. When I push the

This answer was rated:

We have a Kenmore renge hood microwave open. When I push the start button it makes a loud sound similar to a motor that is stuck, some smoke is actually coming from the vent. It smells like burnt motor.   The microwave will not run at all. The fan motor runs okay and the range light works. Can this be fixed or should I just get a new microwave?
sounds like your high voltage transformer is gone. if its sounds like a loud buzz. your better off replacing the microwave than fixing it. sorry , it can run into allot of money to fix. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions