Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a 2005 Kenmore Side by Side refrigerator model #106.553844.

I have a 2005 Kenmore Side by Side refrigerator model #106.553844. Just a few months ago I heard a knocking in the ice maker, only when the ice was releasing, now the ice maker doesn't work and there is no water coming from the door, what should I do, and how much is it to fix it? Please advise. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

What is the position of the fingers on the icemaker that remove the ice cubes at in relation to a clock face? 1 2 3 4 O'Clock?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
IThe ice maker fingers I thnk work from left to right so I am guessing 3 o'clock.
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
So they are about flush with the body of the icemaker?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If you mean the slots where the ice come from in the icemaker, they do not stick out but are flush to the right of the tray that the ice falls out of. In other words, when it is working the trays tips and the ice falls out of the right hand side and into the tray. What about the water not working on the door, is it all the same problem. I never had a side by side refrigerator before this one.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
there are fingers that push the cubes out of the ice maker and they should be visible when looking at it, what position are they at?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I only see the slots are at 3:00 o'clock., and I see no fingers outside of the slots, I do see the openings where the water coming into the tray which is just slightly to the left of the icemaker. I am no sure what you mean by fingers.
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

The ice maker itself is the problem, you should see the fingers at the 2 o'clock position, you can replace the icemaker with part number (NNN) NNN-NNNN, you can order it at http://www.apwagner.com/ or at http://www.repairclinic.com/, to order the parts, this will fix the ice maker problem you are having.

If you have found this information helpful then please press "ACCEPT" this is the only way technicians get paid for their work. Please leave POSITIVE feedback for me, it is very important.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will this part(NNN) NNN-NNNNfix the icemaker problem and also the water not coming through the door? Both my problems.
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

Did the water problem to the door happen before this problem or at the same time?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, the icemaker (no ice) and no water on the door happened at the same time.
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
When you ask for water at the door can you hear the valve opening on the back of the refridgerator opening like it is trying to send water or is it dead?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I just tried it and the water came out, it didn't before.