Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

hi - my fridge is leaking a lot of water on the inside. had

hi - my fridge is leaking a lot of water on the inside. had a service guy come out and said the condenser was clogged - gave me an estimate of $288.69 to do unclog - all labor. is this something i could do myself or is there a cheaper source for having this done?(quote was from sears)
wait your refrigerator is leaking from the condenser? that's bogus because the condenser coils are underneath the refrigerator so lets start over.

Where do you see the ice building up? and do you have a model number for this unit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the fridge inside - all shelves - water is building up in puddles in all the drawers as well. the top shelves are also freezing over in the back. i have adjusted the temp up and down on fridge and freezer. it is a kenmore model #106.72104101 bought new in '02
ok so here is the problem, your drain line is frozen in your freezer. Take the back panel off the back of the freezer and thaw out all the ice with a hair dryer--- pour hot water down the drain tube to thaw out the drain tube--- you can wrap a copper wire around the heater and stick it 2 inches into the drain hole so that it will not freeze up again.

Thawing the ice takes the most time to actually correct the problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is there a possibility that it would be something else, if so what? if not, then i would like to print the instructions - it keeps printing blank pages. thanks!
no, there is no other possibility, I promise you, just clear the drain and thaw the ice and you will be good.