Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an LG Tromm washing machine that gets stuck in the rinse

I have an LG Tromm washing machine that gets stuck in the rinse cycle, and/or doesn't spin the clothes dry completely. We've had the unit for 3 years. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
there are a couple options that could be causing this

1. you are not using HE detergent which causes it to suds tricking the machine into thinking it's not draining properly.

2. the unit really isn't draining properly, there is a drain catch at the bottom frost of this unit--- twist the hand turn caps and see if there is a lot of debris inside to remove.

3. No cold water is getting to the unit. Start a cycle on cold water and make sure you are getting a sufficient amount of pressure going into the machine. On rinse it only uses cold water, so if it doesn't fill up quick enough it will stick in the rinse cycle waiting to advance.

4. the last possible problem is that your control board is just bad. This machine only has 1 control board unlike many other front loaders that have a machine control board and a motor control board, which alleviates the risk of guessing which one is bad.