Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

Where is the reset button on the Insinkerator 555ss disposer.

Customer Question

Where is the reset button on the Insinkerator 555ss disposer. It doesn't appear to be a red button on the botXXXXX XXXXXke the old ones.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.

Hi,sometimes its on the side,feel around the side,all the way around,if not there is a hex nut underneath that you can put tool in and turn manually

let me know thx

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I thought the hex was to unblock the blades. The blades are free. The breaker was tripped and I reset that but the motor doesn't even hum when I turn the switch on.

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.

there is usually always a reset,but if you have a meter you can remove the bottom plate and check for power ,120 volts,or loose connections

i have never run across one without a reset

if power look closer for reset,if none then i guess the motor is shot

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've got two friends who have decided there is a wiring short cause it keeps popping the breaker. They are going to take the disposer off and check the wires before I buy a new one. This one is pretty new (4 years). Thanks for your answers. I will accept so you can get your money
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.
its possible a connection has come loose,you should have 120 volts between black-white,if connections are tight motor could be shorting ,good luck