Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have Admiral heavy duty 20 lb. designer series gas dryer. Recently,

Customer Question

Have Admiral heavy duty 20 lb. designer series gas dryer. Recently, when I turn it on makes very loud noise and lasts throughout dry cycle. Seems to be tumbler noise. Maybe needs a new belt? Don't know where to start to try taking it apart. Any suggestions? Or better to call in repair person?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
is it a rumbling sound or more or a screeching sound?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Definitely a rumbling sound...no screech at all
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok can you open up the door and give me a model number please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok...the model no. is LNC8543A80

Serial no. is 39E233204

Says manufactured for Montgomery Wards

fyi...it is working, am drying clothes now, though rumbles so loud, wonder if it will continue to work...
thanks

jim s
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok well on this style this will deffinately bee your problem, I'm suprised they still make the parts for this unit but here they are

CLICK HERE

those are the roller in the back the the drum rolls on

In the front there are glides--- these might be worn through as well--- here are the part number for the glides

2 are needed
CLICK HERE

1 may have to be cut to fit correctly

To get to these parts the front panel comes off--- there are usually 2 screws at the lower front panel holding it on.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You said I need to order two glides. Two of the same or two different parts? The link you gave me says "Drum glide kit, right side", #3012. Do I order two of these or is there a different part and number for the left side?

thanks

jims
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
well I don't think they make the left side anymore I couldn't find it, but I know the right side is shorted than the left side so you can just order 2 and cut the other side just a little shorter.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
FYI...when I was looking at the order for for the right side, noticed that there were two links to the left side part...they just listed the two parts separately...just thought u would like to know.
thanks!

Hopefully, I might be able to fix it with your info and save myself a few dollars!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
oh thank you and that is good to know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have been trying to get my dryer repaired, but two problems

I don't know how to get the retainer ring over the rear drum support.

When we first communicated, you told me need to replace the drum support.
But now that I have it open, when I spin the blower wheel by hand, that is noisy as it spins. Sounds like what I would hear when the dryer was running. Did I need to change this also?