Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Magic Chef refrigerator CTF1826AR .

Customer Question

The freezer is freezing, but the refrigerator is not cooling. Also, the freezer is full of frost around the vents inside the freezer. We had the same issue a couple of weeks ago and left it off overnight to allow the coils to defrost before putting everything back. That was last week, and it's now having difficulties again. and Im not sure if it has a defrost electronic board, or not. Thank You
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you have a defrost problem, do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes I have a fluke vm, and I can check continuity, and How do I pay you . thank you very much Ray
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My MSN shut down , had to get on windows internest explorer, yes I have a fluk vm,and I can check coninuity, and Im new here so I do I go about paying you ,, thank you very much.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok soory long day , just got back, its almost four pm. get back to me and I'll try and walk you through testing. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok , gotter done lol , wah do I have to ohm out, just let me know and I will give it a try thank you again
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok the best time to do this will be tomorrow, we need the ref. to be back down to temp. then we can test it. I'll bet by tomorrow it will be nice and cold again. will you be around tomorrow? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hmm, ok so what do I supost to do, I defrosted it yesterday, so do I ohm the defrost heater, I use a hair dryer to defrost it about every 2 wks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you defrosted it yesterday then when can do this now if you like, first you should ohm out the heater ,then the defrost thermostat. this is inline with the heater and is clipped to the condenser coil on the top. if they both have continuity then you need to change the defrost timer pictured here, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will give it a try tommarow, have to go to town, and I will let u know thank you, XXXXX XXXXX be in the in the morning when I can do it
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your welcome, I'll be around if you need help. Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi , well ohmed the defrost heater out and it looks like it is shot, geez only took about 10 min to get in and ohm lol
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok well you need to replace it then. at least you got to the bottom of the problem. do you need to know where to get one? let me know Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No already ordered it,, thank you Bryan, you have been very helpfull
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
thank you. Bryan