Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Neptune washer more than 5 years old. It stops in

I have a Neptune washer more than 5 years old. It stops in the middle of a cycle. Sometimes hitting the start button is enough; sometimes I must turn the dial. Do you think this washer is worth repairing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
that depends on what needs to be replaced on this , these machines are really junk and if you replace one part it wont be long before something else goes. is it stopping in the rinse cycle ? or spin? is the door lock light on? let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It stops in the rinse cycles. The door lock light is on right after it stops, but goes our very soon after.

The machine has three rinses and it stops each time.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sounds like it could be one of several things , you may have a bad board and door lock wax motor which if you do would cost allot to repair, it could also be the water valve thats bad if its not rinsing, I believe though you probably have a bad board.if you can get me the model # XXXXX will check the board for you , I will have to do this tomorrow though I need to go out tonight, thanks Bryan