Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a whirlpool refrig with a top freezer. I have noticed

I have a whirlpool refrig with a top freezer. I have noticed a leak in the interior bottom frig part coming from the top of the interior part, which would lead me to believe it is coming from the freezer. It has been going on for quite a while and I have just just a cup underneath it to stop it. I only need to empty the cup about every week or so. But i would like to fix this problem. Any suggestions? I have tried to defrost the freezer and changing the temperatures, but it hasn't worked.
send me the model number from inside the frig and i will see about trying to help / larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Model: ET1CHMXKB03

Type: 21TFA

whirlpool

thank you

ok ,, take the icemaker out if you have one and the shielf and then take the 2 screws out from the bottom panel at front and slide panel out, take out the four screws out thats in the back cover and remove it ,,,, clear all the ice and in the middle of the pan under the coil is a drain hole,,,, pour hot water into it till it opens and drains and put back together ,,, that will fix it / Larry
Please hit the accept button cause thats how we get paid / Larry
Bonuses are WELCOMED but are not mandatory