Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

sub-zero wont get cold

sub-zero won't get cold
can you tell me if the compressor is running. check the condensor fan in the top and make sure its running ,this cools the compressor and also make sure the condensor coils are clean. they get allot of dust clogged in them , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The compressor is running but the fan is problematic. I took the fan apart and cleaned it out. It ran for about an hour (with the compressor also running). Things started to work (the freezer made ice). The fan no longer works. Now everthing is warm again. I've ordered a new fan but I'd like to confirm this is the problem
you need to replace this fan, what happens is the fan cools the compressor and when it stops the compressor kicks off toi prevent overheating and compressor damage. replace as soon as possible to prevent compressor damage. what model is this? thanks Bryan, p.s. if you need to keep this refrigerator on put a house fan up on the compressor to cool it until you can get the fan.if you can unplug or shut off until you can fix it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Its a sub zero 251rfd (I believe a 1986 500 series freezer on the bottom). I'll try the house fan idea and get back to you.
this is your condensor fan . Part 753856you can pick this up locally or get it online, at these guys have good prices, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That's the part we ordered thank you.
your welcome. well wishes and happy new year, thanks Bryan