Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a top load washer M#wjsr4160gww that when it is full

i have a top load washer M#wjsr4160gww that when it is full it makes a squeeking noise during aggitation. apon removing the front i found the bracket extentions at the bottom of the motor carrage are rubbing the metal floor piece. my questions are; are the support drum springs worn out, or can i cut those brackets out. the machine is 14 months old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is a g.e. washer right? check your tub damering straps at the top of the tub and make sure none are broken. there rubber and break. heres a picture let me know. Part 2289thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
all 4 straps are okay. the problem accures when the washer is full of both cloths and water. it doesn't matter if it is a big load or a small one. it seems as though the springs in the support rods are weak, and allowing the tub to travel down to far. i have a picture if that would help
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you may be right you may need to replace the rod spring assemblys on this. these are the springs,Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=they are $15.00 each. I wouldnt remove any brackets if I were you though. let me know and I'll tell you best place to get these. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this normal for a 14 monthold unit? is there any adjustments for these? Could I just cut those tabs off the bracket on the bottom. they go no where, and look like they were used for the assembly process.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well if there not holding anything and thats the only thing hitting I guess you could. let me send you a diagram so you can tell me which part is you want to cut out. as far as is this normal on new machines I dont see it at all. link,,%20PUMP%20&%20DRIVE%20COMPONENTS&documentId=G0612447&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the picture you sent shows the tab. It is on the plate that the motor mounts to. the tab has a hole in it and is just above the basket pully at the bottom of the diagram. the tabs are not connected to anything.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I really don't know what that is for, it may be for the manufacturing of the assembly, if nothing is connected to it I dont think its going to hurt anything to remove. is the pully hitting this? you may have a pully problem if so.