Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE gas range model RGB745WEHWW. I press BAKE and

I have a GE gas range model RGB745WEHWW. I press BAKE and then START buttons. Before the oven has heated up, it beeps like it is already at the temp but the oven is cool. I can set the temp much hotter than the default 350 and it will usually start to heat up.
are you getting any failt codes showing up on the readout? do you see the igniter comming on when its trying to preheat/ let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No fault codes on the readout. I just started it to see what it does/does not do. The ignitor is glowing and actually the oven is starting to heat up. The oven just recently started doing this. Sometimes it will work and other times it will not. When it beeps like it is hot but really isn't I can set the temp higher and it will begin to preheat.
it sounds like you need to replace the oven igniter, this is your igniter. it list for$ 52.00 but you can get it at. for they sell It for $48.00 , and give a good warranty. hope this helps . thanks BryanPart 2494
this is your Part # XXXXX