Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

washer makes a squeeking noise and there is some water leaking

washer makes a squeeking noise and there is some water leaking from underneath kind of dark in color
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
What is the make and model number of the washing machine?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
maytag mav4755aww
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

Hi, and happy new year !!!!

The water is leaking from the inner tub, Maytag has had problems with this, the part number needed for the repair is 21002237 , however it requires special tools for the installation as the complete tub and transmission has to be removed, you can order the parts for this repair at http://www.apwagner.com/ however without the special tools you will not be able to install this properly. You are best to call a service company for the repair and the cost including parts will be around $230.00 however this upgraded kit will last for a long time, I have also had customers call 1-800-4MAYTAG and complain about this and they have covered the repair many times for them, however I cannot gaurentee it.

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory
Chas

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
happy new year to you as well !    the washer is not two yrs old yet is there a chance for warranty coverage?
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

No warranty coverage but MAYTAG is known for making concessions to thier customers to keep them happy! GOOD LUCK,

Chas

Chas

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks for the info chas we'll try maytag tomorrow and thanks for keeping me from tearing apart a broken washer i could'nt fix anyway. have a great year!!
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
Happy New Year