Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

Hello,We have a whirlpool compact automatic washer (326035915)

Customer Question

Hello,We have a whirlpool compact automatic washer (326035915) who is very delicate to operate. The mechanism stops after the first cycle and the water does not drain. What can we do to reset the machine?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.

Check your lid switch.Open the lid there is a striker on the lid.The hole it fits in is were your lid switch is.Take a pencil press down on it with machine on the spot were it stops.If it drains replace lid switch.

If this has been helpfull please press accept thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Could you plese tell us where the striker is on the lid? We do not see it.
It should be on the right side of the lid if it is not there i will need the complete model#.The one you gave me does not work.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model # XXXXX: LCE4332PQ1.
Your lid switch is under the lid you need to lift the lid.Insert a putty knife inbetween top and front 2'' in from corners/push in pry up on clips /the switch will be at the back left.Close lid listen for it to click.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
a) We are having trouble following your instructions. Do you want us to take the lid off?
When you say "insert putty knife between top and front 2" from corners, push in pry up on clips", do you mean the gray hinges inside the sides of the lid at the back of the lid? These hinges are screwed into the lid and screwed into the washer.

b) By the way, we already hear the lid click sound.
If you hear the click does it make any sound when it goes to drain.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We hear the lid click when we open and close the lid.

The washer does not drain, that's the problem. It goes through the wash step and stops after that, before the drain step.
Does it go completely dead or does it make a humming sound?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
After the wash step (agitation), the washer stands still silent for a few minutes. Then without any humming, it changes its lights to: a) Normal, Quick Wash, Delicate: all 3 are on, b) the Water Level light is blinking. And does nothing more.