Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

At the bottom pivot point of my GE side by side there is a

At the bottom pivot point of my GE side by side there is a small black plastic disk with notches to help the door close and stay open. This disk has broken and now the door will not stay closed. It seems to be the only part I can't find. What is this part number and where can I buy one. Thank you in advance and Happy New Year.
Can I get the complete model number of the unit, is it also the fresh food door or the freezer door?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
On the refer door it says TFX 20R and TFX 20WR
The model number should be in the fresh food section on the wall or near the bottom of the fresh food section when you remove the bottom drawer depending how old the unit is?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, on the face of the box down by the part that broke there is a metal plate that says
Man. date 09/91
Serial # XXXXX

Is this part you are looking for ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
A little hard to tell from that angle.
But I am about 90% sure that is it.
The only test is, if the round part at the left side is the pivot point for the door.

this is the one the door rests on and locks the door open and closed here are 2 more pics

Part 2310

Part 2310

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That is it ! !
How would I order 1, or two to be safe.
It's in a vacation home, kind of a pain.
Part # ?
Ordering site?
Does it have a name?
Thanks for your help
Happy New Year ! ! !

The part number is XXXXX you can order it at and Bonuses are welcome for exceptional service.

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory