Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Kenmore refrigerator runs most of the time and now I am

My Kenmore refrigerator runs most of the time and now I am having food freeze on the shelves. Not all food but some.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
What is the model number of the unit and how long has it been freezing food in the fresh food section?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It ia s Kenmore and the model number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN It is approximately 12 years old.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I forgot to say that food has been freezing this past month. Also if I lower the dial on the freezer setting the refrigerator stops running.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
Is there any frost build up in the freezer and does the freezer fan still working when yo open the freezer door?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is no froze built up in the freezer and the motor (I am not sure what you mean by fan) still is running when I open the door.

Thanks

Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

I am sorry, the dampner control is bad on your unit, it is no longer available for the unit, this control the amount of cold air that enter the fresh food compartment, your unit is to old and they no longer make the replacement part for this model. Your only option is to replace the unit.

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory
Chas