Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Hello I have a Maytag dishwasher quiet series 100 model # XXXXX

Customer Question

Hello I have a Maytag dishwasher quiet series 100 model # XXXXX . The spring inside the door latch seems to be either broken or has come loose. Is this an easy fix? It looks like the entire door has to be taken apart..please help. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
you will have to replace the complete rince aid / detergent dispenser ,, part number 99003317 and all you do is take the screws out from the inside edge of the door along the sides and the front panel comes off ,,, there are 4 screws holding the dispenser in so it is a easy fix ,,,, hope this helps
Please hit the accept button cause thats how we get paid / have a great holiday / Larry
Bonuses are WELCOMED but are not mandatory

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
rince aid / detergent dispenser ?? I am talking about the door latch.. should be part # XXXXX
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello? are you still there?
i thought you were talking about the spring in the dispenser ,,, sorry ,,, i'll be right with you with the info ,,, be right back / larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok
ok the spring wraps around the pen, the center mash against the latch and the spring clips over each end of the pen to put pressure on latch ,,, the ones i have seem most of the time the part on the latch the pen slides into is broken and wont hold the pen so i always had to order the latch assy part number is XXXXX 99002580 and replace it ,,, the control panel comes down by removeing the 4 screws across the top and 2 on each side / larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There are only 5 screws along the top of the door that seems to hold the control panel..these are on the inside of the door. What is the part # XXXXX? The latch assembly part # XXXXX have for this machine is 99003347
the part number i came up with for the complete door latch assy .... you should also have to take the side screws out on each side down from top about 2 or 3 on each side and the control panel will drop out ,,, kill the breaker to the unit before you get into it cause it carries 120 volts at the switches on latch / larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, the part # XXXXX gave me is for a Samsung dishwasher, and is compatible with only 3 machines.. all samsung models. I don't know..maybe your not reading my questions before answering...but again this is a Maytag machine.
i doubled checked the model number and still come up with part number 99002580 for the maytag door latch for your model / larry