Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My parents own a Whirlpool stove , model #SF369LEMT/serial#RR0210847.

My parents own a Whirlpool stove , model #SF369LEMT/serial#RR0210847. The oven comes up to temperature, but shuts down while baking.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 8 years ago.
does it shut off before the cooking is done or after
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the oven shuts down before the baking is completed and food is ruined.
can you set it for a higher temp when it shuts off and it will come back on
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
when it shuts down, the temperature read out on the panel becomes the clock time, and the oven becomes cool. My mom tells me that she has to start oven again, it comes up to temperature, runs for maybe half the time that it's supposed to, and shuts down again. by the way, she does not use the built in oven timer.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My last reply was slightly incorrect. I just got off of the phone with my mother, ( who is elderly) and she tells me that the oven does shut down, but the readout of the screen remains the temperature readout. sorry
the problem your having is the oven sensor part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN,,, its the thing that about the size of a pencil sticking out from the inside back of the oven ,, its held in by 2 screws and you can pull it out and hook in the new one but be sure to unplug it b4 working on it
Please hit the accept button cause thats how we get paid / have a great holiday / Larry
Bonuses are WELCOMED but are not mandatory
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Larry, I got your answer but did you get my previous reply that my mom gave me slightly incorrect info? thanks, Don
Don i read it and it still comes out to be the oven sensor ,,, it tells it when its hot enought and shuts it down / larry
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you very much for you help. Sears actually came out to the house a while back and told my mother that nothing was wrong, and charged her $70.00. My mom said that the tech was at the house for maybe 10 minutes. Either he was very inexperienced, or just took advantage of her. I will accept your answer after I know that you have gotten this reply, and also I will order that part asap
Don
got the note Don ,,, and i myself worked for sears for over 10 years and had open heart so i left but they do hire in a lot of new guys thats are inexperienced and new on their process / larry