Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Admiral top loading washing machine, model no. LNC6764, purchased

Admiral top loading washing machine, model no. LNC6764, purchased in late 1999. Washing cycle is completed, but no spin. Machine does not do anything at this point. Sounds like it is trying, but nothing happens. Machine is getting power.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, well if it's trying, not good that means something is deffinately broken. So tip the machine backwards--- there is a belt on the bottom that goes around the motor the thrust bearing wheel and the drain pump--- spin the front 2 by hand and they should spin effortlessly. If they do not the front left is the motor, the front right is the drain pump. You will need to replace the one that is not spinning well.

Next if both check good then run the machine without a belt--- see if the front left pully spins or just stalls. If it's stalled then you need a new motor. If it spins then you need a new thrust bearing which is the 3rd pully in the back middle portion.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll need to empty all the water out before I can tip it, so I'll do that but it may take me thirty minutes or so.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok that's ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK. The belt moved freely. I removed the belt and the motor spun when I turned the machine on. I put the bet back on and everything seems to be working properly. I did notice the belt should be replaced as it has a slight tear in one spot.

First - any idea what the problem was?

Second - where can I find a replacement belt and at what estimated cost?

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
well, not sure of what the problem could be but I would guess it's possibly the pump itself. Just use it and see if it comes back. I can assure you it's not the motor however so you've just got to try and find the part that's jamming if it jamms again--- turn the pulleys clockwise next time as that is the direction of the spinning cycle--- if you spin it counter clockwise you might unjam it.

Anyways, here's a link to where you can purchase the belt

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.