william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

We have had an Accubake System for the past several years and

Customer Question

We have had an Accubake System for the past several years and have had this problem with it and it is getting worse! The problem is that when you are using the oven , it may at anytime switch to broil or self clean without anyone touching the controls. Even after you have finished cooking and you are out of the room the stove has turned itself on to 400 or 500 deg. and can not be turned off! I have in the past called in with this problem when the stove was new and was told to just reset the control breaker for house power to the stove, wait ten minutes and turn it back on. That should reset the computer. Well this used to work,but lately it may take up to five times to get it out of broil or self clean. This has ruined several meals for us. the local service people think this is a fire hazard and should be recalled? Has there been a recallon these by chance, or is there a fix? We do like this stove and except for this haunting problem everything else seems OK. How do we get rid of this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
can i get the make and model number of this ghost ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The make is Whirlpool the front of the unit says: Accubake systyem Super Capacity 465 the model # XXXXX XXXXX 396LXEB 0 The Ser # is RF(NNN) NNN-NNNN..... I hope this helps you?

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

hey mike beings that everything runs through the control board the bake the broil your self/clean and all your temps seems to me that alls you need to do is to put a new control board in it because it did work in the past to just reset it by the breaker as you stated but to many times of doing that has damaged the board just like shocking it put a new control board in it and you will have no more hauntings

If you have no further questions about the same topic and you find this to be helpful-- Please press "ACCEPT" as this is the only way we as technicians receive pay.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had that feeling! I sthere a good sight to get this board and how much of a pain is it to put it in?
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
let me see what i can dig up for you mike
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks William, I don't mean to takeup too much of your time, but this has been haunting me for quite a whiile. Wew really are afraid of it starting a fire. And most of the local repair men aren't so good here in our area.

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

thats ok mike i enjoy doing this where you at you dont live next to a grave yard do you just asking

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That's a good question! This house may have been built on an old grave sight and there have been a death or two in or on the property in the past before we bought it. The house was on the market for over seven to twelve years before the bank gave it up so we could afford it. I used to just joke about the same thing! It's haunted!

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
thanks for the laugh that brought my spirits up in a good way though ok what color do you have white black almond theres different part numbers for colors i found you a web site you can order everthing there all in one shot mike
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The system is Black , and that is how some of our dinners have come out also!
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Parts?s=t-rf396lxeb0-%3d%3dc212&n=1&z=10 ok mike click on here your item number is XXXXX as always these are special order 10-14 days i went to 4 other places and it was the same way special order sorry well you have a great day thanks for the laughs and if you see a ghost RUN

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks a lot William you have been a great help,

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

no problem have a good one mike