MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

My Bosch washing machine stopped mid-cycle and flashed E-04.

Customer Question

My Bosch washing machine stopped mid-cycle and flashed E-04. I tried draining it, but the machine is making a grinding noise. I removed all the clothing and checked to make sure the supply hose is clear. Tried draining the water. It made the same noise and could not drain all the water but did drain some. Model: WFMC 3200UC; Serial: 855050082663034272; purchased July 2005.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 7 years ago.
I am Bosch authorized and only repair appliances for a living. I am not a handyman. If you think my advice can help you then please accept. Thanks
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 7 years ago.
Thanks- have you tried cleaning out the pump trap on this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you explain to me how to access the pump trap?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 7 years ago.

Sure, remove circular plastic cover by rotating it a bit; it will disengage from slots in front. Pump is right there with the handle molded on the trap part of it. If there is visible water in the machine get it out before proceeding.I suggest tipping machine back about 45 degrees so it rests against wall and keeps any water in the unit as it will pour out of the pump if you don't. Unscrew that piece and remove it. If full of junk that may be your problem. If not, then the pump is bad and needs to be replaced.