Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

the spray arms for my quiet power 1 GE dishwasher are clogging

Customer Question

the spray arms for my quiet power 1 GE dishwasher are clogging and nothing ever gets clean. I'm ready to replace the dishwasher as this has been a problem since buying the home and we're the first users. HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
WHat are you finding in the spray arms? Paper, food what?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it appears like it's powder from the detergent, but even when using liquid the dishwasher didn't work correctly and leaves a horrible cloud on glassware.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
When the unit fills with water and starts washing, where in relation to the heater in the bottom does the fill to? does the water touch the bottom of the heater?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not sure, never looked.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

Fill the dishwasher with water it should just touch about touch the bottom of the heating element, this is the required amount of water for a proper wash, otherwise soap does not dissolve and that includes liquid soap and does not give the arms the power they need with the pump, if not filling properly, replace the fill valve on the dishwasher..

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory