Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Kenmore refrigerator with top freezer, no ice maker, model

Kenmore refrigerator with top freezer, no ice maker, model 106.62862100 - When it cycles on there is a loud rattling noise. It was purchased 5/28/02. Do I repair or replace? What do you think the estimated cost would be? Thanks, Todd
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

The most probable cause is that the coils in the back of the fridge is dirty or the fan back there is not running, the other cause is that a spring inside the compressor has broke if this is the cause the compressor will need to be replaced at a cost of over $500, so open up the back of the fridge and look at the coils back there and clean them and if the fan is not running replace that.

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory