Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

I have a Kenmore side by side with what appears to be a faulty

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore side by side with what appears to be a faulty control board. However I have been unable to remove the cover to this control board. There are two screws at the back which I have removed but the cover is still on tight. Any suggestions on how I remove the cover?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.
hello,

what is the model number please?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Kenmore 106.52259100
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.
hello,

this is the parts for the unit and if the controller is being hold by item number 8 then after you removed the screws and it is just clipped to the fridge.

http://www.partselect.com/KenmoreModels.aspx?ModelNum=106.52259100&searchTerm=
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Let me clarify.

In order to access the control board I have to remove the white plastic cover which covers the push button controls for refrigerator and freezer temperature etc.

It is this white plastic cover which I can't seem to remove. How is this cover attached?
Expert:  Francis replied 7 years ago.
hello,

see if these would help;
there are some clips at the other end of the plastic cover. after you remove the screws, pull it down a little bit and the other end would be released. watch for some plastic tapes that they use in order to hold on to the other parts. sometimes they are the one binding and holding them.