MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

The water does not heat in our Asko 20004 washing machine -

Customer Question

The water does not heat in our Asko 20004 washing machine - this happened once before and the technician said he just reset a switch within the machine. Rather than call a technician out we would like to reset this ourselves, but need to know where it is. Can you help us reset the thermostat so we can use a hot wash?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
I am Asko authorized in the US, but can look up your unit. What is the model#? 20004 does not come up in the look up. Acceptance is appreciated as that is how I am paid for helping you; customers that accept receive priority over those that do not. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

all it says on the front of the machine is Asko 20004 Excellence. The unit is approx 15 years old, and is a fully electronic machine. It was purchased in Australia. I'm not sure what else I can provide to help.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.

Without the model# XXXXX cannot see the part break down. There should be an ID tag on the unit by the round door. However, I know of no reset for a heater on any Asko washer model that I have ever seen.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The only information on the front is WM200 and the serial number which is 9408 036925. If it helps, I found a page with some parts that does mention this machine - http://www.nettoparts.co.uk/shop/search-1.html?keyword=20004

To detail what is happening with the machine - if you choose any temp above a cold wash, the water doesn't heat (as far as I am aware) and the wash cycle runs for a long time. I assume it is waiting for the water to reach temperature, and it never does. If you choose a cold wash, it washes as normal. When the technician replaced a board that was blown, he said he found a 'reset' switch which he switched, that allowed the water to heat. He said not to set the temp over 65 degrees, and that if the temperature was set over this, it cut out. My daughter ran a wash at 95 degrees, at which point it cut out again and we no longer have hot wash.

I hope this information helps.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
Looked this up finally. Looks like the reset is at the top by the pressure switch. Unplug unit, remove top and it is adjacent to it. Probably need to push a button on it to reset. Hope this helped;please accept if it did. Thanks
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

is there an online image you can refer me to? We can't seem to find anything that needs anything pressed at the top. Thanks.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.

I will see if I can get that to you tomorrow. Their service website only has illustrations- not pictures of the part or where the reset point is on it. I will call Asko tomorrow and get a clearer description of where this 'reset' is for you.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.

The resettable t/stat is on the bottom front portion of the outer drum. Makes sense as that is where it will best sense the temperature of the water in the unit. Remove the lower access panel to get to it; there is a small button on it that you will push and hear a click when reset. Unpower unit b4 doing this. This model is the only one apparently that is made like that; that is why I had never seen it before either. Let me know if you need more info, but believe this should wrap it up.