John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My kenmore he2 plus (washer) seems to be stuck in drain mode.

Customer Question

My kenmore he2 plus (washer) seems to be stuck in drain mode. the pump works fine, but it wont go to the next cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

whats the model# XXXXX
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
We had some really cold weather and the inlet valve broke. easy fix, but now when I turn the machine on it goes to drain water, but there is no water to drain and after a while it gives a error code of 21 which is a draining issue. I thought maybe the pump was bad, so I filled the tub with water, turned the machine on, and watched it drain all the water out. Then the pump kept running untill the computer shut it down again and gave another error code 21. I have put a space heater behind the washer, and the weather has warmed up, so ice isn't an issue anymore
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 8 years ago.
Only thing i can think of is that the machine is picking up that the machine isnt draining fast enough bringing up the code,maybe you still have some ice in the lines,but im not sure to be honest ill opt out and maybe someone else may know?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It drains fine. Are you saying that there could be some ice on the level sensor, making it think the tub still has water in it and yet still drain water?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 8 years ago.
not sure,ive opted out