John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a kenmore bottom freezer with an ice maker and the

Customer Question

I have a kenmore bottom freezer with an ice maker and the ice maker quit working. I replaced the water valve part but the ice maker is still not producing ice!! Please help without getting a service member here-I think the problem is with the steel arm--it only works part way and than quits. How do I fix that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX said you thought the steel arm was the problem. Are you talking about the arm that extends into the ice bin? Are you familiar with the operation of the arm, if that is what you are referring to? Can you locate the model number of the ice maker and will you tell me how old the unit is? I will wait to hear from you. Bob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

model # XXXXX XXXXX & the serial # XXXXX XXXXX

Tracy please answer the other questions that I asked. I need that information to get an indication of why you are having this problem. Bob