Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

My LG dryer (model numberDLE3733W) is approx 13 months old

My LG dryer (model numberDLE3733W) is approx 13 months old and it doesnt have any power. Ive checked the breaker box and the breaker wasnt tripped.   I reset it just to be sure but still no power.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

To be clear - When you state that there is no power, I define that at absolutely nothing lights up on the dryer.

If you have a voltage meter, you will need to actually check for 240 volts at the outlet. If you do not know how to do this please let me know and I will give you details. This is dangerous if you do not know how to do this. Flipping the breaker doesn't tell you what is coming in at the outlet.

Afterwards, you would check the hookup block where the wires connect to the dryer to again see if you are getting 240 volts there.

A fair number of service calls end with one of these as being the problem. If you check these out and find you are getting 240 volts let me know and we can go further into the machine.

Please let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My husband is trying to locate a voltage meter. The house and dryer are only a little over a year old, so it's not old wiring. What would cause this? And you are correct, nothing lights up on the dryer whatsoever.

HiCustomer

We have seen this occur in even brand new wiring. He needs to test each leg with the ground (120 volts each).

bernie