Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hello, I have a Kenmore model # XXXXX The over seems

Hello,   I have a Kenmore model # XXXXX The over seems to light but there is a strong gas odor. I'm using LP, but the odor is not a propane smell.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

The smell is being caused the ignitor is not working properly, replacing the igintor will correct this problem this is part number (NNN) NNN-NNNN you can order it at

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory