Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Whirlpool microwave has been an excellent product. We have

My Whirlpool microwave has been an excellent product. We have had it for about 1 year and tonight, while we were cooking something that required a little longer cooking time (16 minutes) and it started to make this constant, regular knocking sound that was coming from the rear, right side. Any problems?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
Did it do it after you let it cool down a bit and try it with a glass of water for 2 minutes and tell me what you have?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The water is about 1/2 gone and very, very hot; It is not making the sound anymore (of course!). It had been about 45 minutes since we cooked with it. At that time, we cooked 3 items back to back and it made the sound with all 3.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

Most likely the cooling fan is failing in the unit, the bearings in the fan are going out, if it under 1 year old then you have your warranty to fall back on, If it over 1 year and under 2 whirlpool is known for making customer concessions for the repairs to keep customers happy, however this may or may not happen, the phone number Whirlpool is

1-866-698-2538 Monday through Friday.

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory
Chas