master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company

RA gd

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 7 years ago.
F40 is a error that appears between the machine control and the motor control when communication becomes lost. Check the connection between the two. The error codes whould be on the tech sheet beneath your console panel along with how to check for this error. Contact service they should be able to give you more information
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i had allready found the sheet , and i had already read the same code you sent, I already changed out the control (machine control electronics) am still getting the same f-40 code after 3 loads still in a mess with this machine, by the way been working on appliances since 1969 but thanks anyway

most of the time its the motor control board. if you had told me you had appliance knowledge and told me that you had the tech sheet it would have made things easier. try unplug all the connections on the motor control board look for ant corrosion where they plug in. also look for a pinch or broken wire.