John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

whirlpool washer model number LXR9245EQ0 series number CF3351008

Customer Question

whirlpool washer model number LXR9245EQ0 series number CF3351008 when washing clothes on large I notice that the clothes are very wet and when I wash on small they are fine I looked when it goes in to spin cycle and it doesnt spin but will spin in smaller loads or empty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
HI thanks for the question. It sounds like you have a cluth problem. Can you do the repairs your self. I will be here to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
YES DO WE NEED PARTS
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Hi yes you will need the clutch But first make sure the water drains out at a good flow. I will be away for a few hours . I will be back
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
WHERE DO WE GET A CLUTCH
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.

Hi you can get a clutch on line. Or your nearest parts supplier. Here is the clutch. Hope I answered your question. Please accept. The appliance http://groups.msn.com/Appliantology/washers.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=792

doc

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do we need the basket drive also
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Hi You should not need the basket dr,After you replace the clutch , it should be ok
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok we are going out to buy the clutch and I will get back with you
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
talk then
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok we got the part now what do we do
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
do you have the cabinet off?If you do. Remove the agitator.Lay the washer on its back carefully. remove the pump & motor. Remove 3 bolts on the tranny.Pull out the tranny. Remove the old clutch. Install the new one. Hope I helped you . Please accept I am here to help
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
does the basket tub need to come out also. do we need a special tool to get it off...
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
HI No just the agitator from the tub. then the tranny
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
we noticed that two of the bolts were off of the tranny
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how can you tell if the clutch is bad they both look the same except one is dirty
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
HI .Dont use the new clutch. take it back. Please acceptIf 2 bolts ware off the tranny. Thats your problem. replace the bolts and try the washer.I have never seen the bolts just fall out. Dont use the new clutch. take it back. Please accept. The appliance doc
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Have a great year thanks