Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Hello.Have a fridgidaire upright freezer/fridge..The fan works

Hello.Have a fridgidaire upright freezer/fridge..The fan works and the coils are clean, but the compressor doesn't run. Every 2 minutes or so, the compressor sounds like it wants to start, but the capasitor seems to "hum" and it just clicks off. The cooling lines are all room temp. The compressor is like a round ball looking sealed system and is just a little warm. Like I said, the fan runs all the time but it just isn't cold at all.Model number is XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

The starter relay has probably gone out, there is a small possiblity that the compressor has failed, this is that little item that you hear humming, 95% this will repair the unit, if it has not been happening to long and caused the compressor to fail also, this is part number 241524605. you can order this part at http://www.apwagner.com/ I have also included a picture of the item to replace.

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory
Chas

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Okay..Makes sense to me..I was wonderingif you couldtell me the correct part number for the capasitor as well..Not sure which number to go by.

CMKS SHIZUKI

nsk89990 -40/75c

15uf +10/-5%

220vac 50/60Hz 1ph

100000AFC 270VA

Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

The capacitor is rarely ever bad, this is a run cap and not a start cap, since it will not start type, chances are it is good however the part number for this is:

5304464438 - CAPACITOR

Chas

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your help..I will order both items, as it is cheap enough and I am already there...Let me ask you this, If I replace these 2 items and they don't fix the problem, do I order the compressor kit?? I am an auto tech,and I have done lots of A/C work. I just

can't figure out how to recharge this system..This system seems like it is soldered together..What do you suggest.

Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

I would not order the compressor kit, this is expensive and chances are you will not need it, and these are a pain in the butt to put in being an automive tech you proabably do not have silver solder and a turbo torch to install. plust these system use less than 5 oz of r134 and don't have much leeway in the charge to make them work like automotive you need to meter in a very exact amount.

Chas