master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company
13501207

I HAVE A FISHER & PAYKEL Q INTUITIVE ECO WASHING MACHINE WHICH

Customer Question

I HAVE A FISHER & PAYKEL Q INTUITIVE ECO WASHING MACHINE WHICH DISPLAYS "I NEED SERVICE" AFTER I PUT A LOAD OF WASHING ON, IS IT A SIMPLE TASK TO FIX MYSELF OR SHOULD I GET SOMEONE IN TO REPAIR IT. I JUST HAD TO HAVE MY F & P TWIN-DRAW DISHWASHER FIXED & THAT COST THE SAME TO REPAIR IT AS IT DID TO PURCHASE IT SO ID LIKE TO KNOW IS I WORTH IT.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 5 years ago.
it might be worth having some one look at it for the trip charge but if it to costly then get a new one. if probly not somthing you could repair yourself because it is not giving a error code that would point me in a direction of what could be wrong but just a " I'm broken i need fixed" message is almost any part on the washer

You may ask all the questions you need to as long as it pertains to this subject.

Clicking on the accept button will not end your question session. What it does do is transfer the funds to me for answering your question.

You must click on "I accept this answer" for this to happen.

You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX tech.

Please be sure to leave positive feedback after you accept. This is very important to us.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI AGAIN, WE HAVE JUST TURNED THE WASHING MACHINE BACK ON IT SEEMS THAT ITS THE AUTO SENSING BUTTON AS WE PUT IT ON HANDWASH AND IT SEEMS TO WORK FINE. WE NORMALY HAVE IT ON AUTO SENSING BUT AT THE MOMENT IT SORT OF MAKES A SQUEALING SOUND AND WONT FILL UP WITH WATER.
try unplugging the unit for 10 minutes
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WE HAVE TRIED THAT ALREADY, IT DIDNT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WITH THE MACHINE.
i would still have someone come out and just take a look it sounds like maybe the control board but cant be to sure like i said that's just a random error code and not specific enough to give you a definite answer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THE HAND WASH CYCLE WAS JUST ABOUT FINISH BUT IT HAS COME UP FAULT CODE 37, ANY IDEAS NOW?

That code is a PUMP BLOCKED ERROR.
This could be as simple as an object caught in the pump or it could be the pump itself has failed. I often see objects caught in the pump. If you can do so safely, unplug the machine, tip the machine back enough to be able to see underneath, and look for the electric pump. You will see a back impeller for cooling the motor windings. Try and turn this by hand, it should turn easily. If it will not turn, then you know there is something keeping it from turning. Be aware that if you pull that pump out with water in the tub, you are going to have a tremendous mess.

You might want to get yourself a service manual for that washer. You can get them from Fisher Paykel Parts:

http://www.fisherpaykelparts.net/115-46/GWL15-WA37T-Service-Manual.php
Experience: 6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANK-YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. CHEERS
good luck